For those of you not on the mailing list (and if not, why not?) It’s simple to sign up here, today we’re playing a game of swapsies.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to have a gander through your every day purchases and spot the disposable items you use.
Here’s an example of five commonly bought things you might find:
- Baby wipes (or make up or cleaning wipes)
- Carrier bags
- Kitchen Roll / Tissues
- Nappies / Sanitary products
Once you’ve found something you consume on a regular basis start exploring the alternatives – something that isn’t so heavy on the landfill.
For example once you start brainstorming alternatives for clingfilm for your lunchtime sandwiches you might come up with the following ideas:
- Put a sandwich straight into an airtight container
- Reuse a paper bag you buy mushrooms in or that comes with a veg box – at least you can compost it when it gets past its best
- Reuse plastic bread wrap
- Check out the wrap ‘n’ mat for a super funky idea that doubles up as a tablecloth!
- Reuse cereal box inners
- Buy recycled foil, reuse it a few times and recycle again after use
- Reuse frozen vegetable bags
Gather your options, look at the one which fits in with your lifestyle or budget and make the switch!
What will you be swapping today?
P.S. Can’t get enough of this week’s Zero Waste Week content?
Never miss out again!
Sign up to the mailing list where you’ll get the rest of this year’s Zero Waste Week emails delivered to your inbox (it’s not the same as the blog, you get MUCH more!). Then you’ll enjoy monthly newsletters on the last Tuesday of each month.
Are you ready to sign up?
I know you are!
Press on the button below to sign up for free now: