If you're focusing on reducing food waste, you've come to the right place.
Leftover Pie: 101 Ways to Reduce your Food Waste is Anna Pitt’s second book, giving you the history of food waste, how we are where we are, what that means, and practical suggestions on how to reduce your own food waste – plus delicious waste-saving recipes.
Leftover Pie is out on Kindle and in paperback. To get your copy click here.
Anna Pitt is a writer and speaker on green living and the circular economy. She is passionate about food waste reduction and is a regular speaker on the food waste circuit.
Find out more about Anna and her work as a food waste warrior, and keep up to date with some of her musings in the blog or sign up to join our mailing list where you'll hear about her latest events, courses and talks.
Whether you're a university student, business owner, local authority or school teacher, Anna has a wide range of talks, courses and training to help you.
How Anna can help you
- Lunch time talk for businesses
- Help for local authorities
- All-day stand for your business
- School assemblies, half-day or all-day visits
- Ad hoc Skype consulting
- Full packages to help run your own Zero Waste campaign
Lunch time talks cost £600 plus travel. Examples of lunch time talks include How to reduce your food waste and her most popular 'Cars, Bras and Brassicas". These talks will help you understand how to lessen your impact on the planet and what difference that makes.
Courses cost from £75.00 per person and include a lunch that you will prepare yourself. Anna's most popular course is aimed at 17-20 olds about to start university or who are moving away from home. On this course you will learn:
- How to set up your store cupboard
- How to plan your meals and shop smart
- Gain basic food prep and cooking skills
- How to make the most of what you buy
- How to train your new friends to provide you with ingredients
You will take home:
- A copy of Leftover Pie: 101 ways to reduce your food waste
- A shopping list of store cupboard ingredients
- A term by term guide to seasonal produce to help you choose cheap, flavourful ingredients and reduce your food miles
Training for local authority champions starts at £300. In these sessions, Anna will train 'champions' to engage your residents in conversation about food waste. They'll also discover how to find practical ways to reduce waste and deal with unavoidable food waste in the most environmentally friendly way.
The course covers:
- Reasons we waste food
- How to engage members of the public in conversation about food waste
- How to talk to the public about planning meals and shopping smart
- How to make the most of what you buy
- How to deal with unavoidable food waste and why it is important
Anna can also provide training on running food surplus demos at your events.
An all day stand costs £1200 plus travel and is your opportunity to have individual contact and consultancy to really get staff on board with the food waste message and pin point actions that they can take. All day stands are ideal for introducing a food waste campaign, supporting a health and wellness day or adding something a bit different to a team building session.
Assemblies, half-day or all-day visits from £250 plus travel. One of Anna's most popular visits is called 'Food for thought: how to reduce food waste’ where students will get to grips with food waste once and for all!
Ad hoc Skype consulting is available for £200 per hour. If you need facts and figures to help engage people or are running out of time to research Anna is available on Skype to arm you with knowledge, focus and make sure you get results. She'll help you incorporate the key targets of the Global Goals for sustainable development into your business.
Packages include display materials sent to you in the post, downloadable materials to help you get the most from your campaign and consulting so you can plan, run and evaluate your event.