If you have a question about reducing waste in your household, pop over and ask all the friendly people for advice.
We have six chickens and I was over-run with eggs, so I asked for suggestions for favourite egg recipes.
Here’s what they said!
SAVOURY RECIPES TO REDUCE FOOD WASTE
- A simple cheese omelette
- Spinach quiche… or frittata if you don’t want crust (or Tortilla Espagnol as Hugh Whittingstall calls it)
- Soft boiled eggs with wholemeal toast and LOTS of butter!
- Hard boiled eggs in a veggie curry sauce.
- Hard boiled eggs with tomato sauce (ragu) on spaghetti.
- Egg mayonnaise with chives sandwiches
- Pickled Eggs
SWEET RECIPES TO REDUCE FOOD WASTE
- Madeira cake
- Lemon curd
- Bread and butter pudding
- Lemon meringue Pie
- French custard style icecream for yolks and meringues for whites
- Chocolate mousse for yolks and meringues for whites
Now I want to hear yours! What is your favourite egg recipe?