The other week I shared 10 amazing banana recipes so you could reduce food waste forever.
But not everybody has the time to slave over a hot stove or has much interest in baking.
This week I came across three ‘no-brainer’ banana recipes, that even the most non-interested, non-gifted cook could knock up.
3 simple banana recipes
2 ingredient banana pancakes
1 brown banana
Mash the banana with a fork
Whisk the eggs together
Combine eggs and bananas
Heat a tiny amount of oil in a frying pan
Add a tablespoon of the pancake batter to the pan and leave until the underside is beginning to brown
Flip the pancake and cook until the underside is brown
Repeat with the rest of the batter
Top with fresh berries that need using up and some maple syrup!
Easy peesy banana cake
This cake is great for getting children interested in baking
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 brown bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 180
Mix all five ingredients in a large bowl until incorporated – don’t overmix
Put mixture in a lightly greased loaf tin and bake for 25-30 mins until brown
Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
2 ingredient banana lollies
This is a fantastic dessert and treat on a hot summers day
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 oz chocolate
You’ll also need some skewers or wooden lolly sticks
- Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper
- Cut the bananas into 3 inch pieces and insert a wooden stick into each piece
- Put the bananas on the lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes
- After 25 minutes gently melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
- Remove the bananas from the freezer and coat in the melted chocolate (you can then roll in dessicated coconut, chopped nuts or sprinkles)
- Place back on the sheet and refreeze until you’re ready to eat them
Gorgeous pic from Golden Edibles