Pick one shelf of your food store cupboard and take everything out.
Give the cupboard a wipe over and dry it thoroughly, then start putting things back following these rules:
- Everything you have bought this year and is unopened and has a Best Before date well into the future, goes into the back of the cupboard.
- Everything from last year or with a Best Before date in the next three months that is unopened goes in next, so that’s in the middle.
- Anything opened, nearing or past its Best Before date goes in at the front.
- Pick one thing that is past its Best Before date if you have anything, take a photo, post it on social media with the hashtag #Letsignorebestbefore or post in the comments below either asking for ideas or with your own idea of how you are going to use it up before the end of the week.
- Pledge to eat it by the end of the weekend!
Go for it!